Here are a selection of the many interviews done on the power and value of public media in the lives of Americans, cultural affairs and the importance of local community radio.
- Intervieew on community radio (This Week in Radio Tech, 2020)
- WBCN doc reaches a new audience while boosting community radio stations (Boston Globe, 2020)
- Rock station documentary provides support for community radio stations during pandemic (Current, 2020)
- How College and Community Radio are Responding to COVID-19 (Radio Survivor, 2020)
- “At 40, WMNF still stickin’ it to the man. But does it need to change?” (Tampa Bay Times, 2019)
- WBAI Crisis, Relevance and Community Radio (WORT, 2019)
- BirdNote and the Value of Environmental Journalism (KWMR, 2019)
- Radio Phoenix interview (2019)
- WGXC Morning Show (2018)
- “The Future of Community Radio” panel (Radio Survivor, 2018)
- On NFCB rural initiative (Spark News, 2018)
- KCSB interview on the power of community media (2017)
- How Community Media Can Encourage Minority Communities To Engage (Forbes, 2017)
- Community Radio: A local voice worth your support (Zipsprout, 2018)
In addition to making the case for community media, I’ve spoken on journalism’s core mission, including a 2010 interview on challenging anti-Semitism with contextual coverage.